Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Defending a Knight

Earlier today Katie and I had yet another discussion about my insistance on naming a son (providing it is a son) Knight for his middle name. She thinks it's completely ridiculous and would be torture to a boy throughout his entire life. I have decided to put my reasons down on paper (or computer) to see what other people think. Enjoy:
  • When I looked up the word Knight in Webster's dictionary I found several different meanings. Here are my three favorite. The first is "A man belonging to an order or brotherhood." Any son of mine would be something that I feel is important, a Marseglia male. The second is "A defender, champion, or zealous upholder of a cause or principle." That pretty much speaks for itself. And the third and final definition is "The devoted champion of a lady." What's better then that? A middle name that is a built in word for being a future ladies man.
  • In a time when trendy names come and go and so many other names are over used, this name would be one of a kind. Truely original. Having such a rare middle name will tell our son we were extremely thoughtful to name him something as unique as he is.
  • It actually sounds good. For example, Lucas Knight Marseglia or Jackson Knight Marseglia or Alexander Knight Marseglia. They all sound pretty damn cool. Am I right?

As usual I am welcoming any and all thoughts or comments (for those without thoughts). Hopefully now that everyone knows my reasons behind my middle name idea it will allow people to start to see why I like the middle name Knight and they can join my cause.

1 Comments:

I don't really mind the name "Knight" that much, but then again, Andrew and I plan on naming our first son Dutch. So we may not be the best sounding board.

Add a comment