Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Truth Will Set You Free

For some time now I have been led to believe, by my wife, that as long as the health of the baby is good that she would prefer a boy as our first child. This belief was comforting to me. She told me she felt this way because she liked the idea of all of our future children having an older brother to look over them all. How nice! Unfortunately it is completely untrue.

We were at my mom’s on Christmas and I was sitting in the family room watching TV when I glanced over to my beautiful wife who was in the kitchen. She was engaged in a conversation I knew nothing about. As I stared at me trophy with sparkles in her eyes and rays of light as if she was an angel, she uttered the words “oh I want a girl”! I snapped out of my daze. The sparkles in her eyes and rays of light surrounding her quickly disappeared. Back ground noise quickly re-entered my ear drums. That liar! I felt betrayed. Here I am thinking my wife and I are on the same page regarding our “as long as the baby is healthy” sex preference. So I march over there and say “you want a girl?” She basically laughed me off. Almost in a “of course I do you foolish jackass” laughter. I recoiled back into the family room from the horror of her betrayal. I have thought about this moment many times in the past two days without mentioning it to “the liar”.

We’re merely a few weeks away from finding out what we’re having. Whoever performs the ultrasound is clearly going to be disgusted when they tell us what sex the baby is. Odds are one of us cusses while the other rejoices. But one thing is for sure, the battle lines have been drawn. But Fortunately for Kate and me as long as the baby is healthy we'll both win.

0 Comments:

Add a comment