Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 23, 2006

End of Days

Here we are less than 48 hours away from potentially finding out what sex our first child will be and I am surprisingly calm. For the better part of the last six years I have heard from several friends and a few family members that I was going to be the guy who had four daughters and no sons. They came to this rationale by saying that I had been a bit of a jerk to the female gender far too long. That I was the first guy to make a disparaging comment about a girl’s appearance. And that I was always insensitive when I was needed most by past girlfriends and other female acquaintances. Basically god would grant me all girls to soften me up, force me to learn how to treat a female right, and to pay me pack for my previous transgressions.

Years back when I began hearing these blasphemous comments it got me thinking. Maybe they weren’t blasphemous at all. So I began to re-assess whether or not I had acted appropriately in certain instances of my life involving the ladies. And after endless nights of being unable to sleep I came up with a few individuals who I should have done a better job at treating. Therefore I decided that for myself and more importantly for some other certain individuals out there I needed to make up for the past. I’m not a bad person by nature I’ve just made some shitty decisions at some bad times.

When this realization was made I decided that besides making good on the aforementioned transgressions I also needed to change for the better. So for the past few years I have altered my ways the best I can. I have also been mending fences and repairing wounds while most people weren’t looking. In an Earl Hickey type of way I feel that I have changed this bad vibe and aura and have subsequently altered my destiny. I’m not saying I’ll have all boys, all girls, or the more common mixture of the two. I’m not even saying that any of my “fence mending” necessarily has anything directly to do with what lies ahead. I’m just saying that I’m going into this whole phase of my life with what I feel is good karma. And a sense that I have truly done my best over the years and that I will be rewarded with good, healthy children. And if I’m not, well, I feel Kate and I will be able to handle what god gives us.

NOTE: As a reminder check back right here between 11-12noon Wednesday because the results of the ultrasound will be posted.

0 Comments:

Add a comment